Assistant Research Professor - Virginia Tech
Assistant Director of the Laboratory for Interdisciplinary Statistical Analysis (LISA)
Associate Director of Analytics for the Virginia Center for Housing Research (VCHR)
Assistant Professor - Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine
Department of Statistics
213 A Hutcheson Hall
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
Blacksburg, Va 24061 (0439)
Voice: (540) 231-4375
5014: Introduction to Statistical Program Packages
- Franck CT, Nielsen DM, Osborne JA. A method for detecting hidden additivity in two-factor unreplicated experiments. Computational Statistics and Data Analysis, 2013 Nov; 67: 95-104.
- Anderson DE, Franck CT, Madigan ML. Age differences in the required coefficient of friction during level walking do not exist when experimentally-controlling speed and step length. Accepted, Journal of Applied Biomechanics.
- Brunson JC, Fassino S, McInnes A, Narayan M, Richardson B, Franck CT, Ion P, Laubenbacher R. Evolutionary Events in a Mathematical Sciences Research Collaboration Network. Scientometrics, 2013, doi: 10.1007/s11192-013-1209-z.
- Bickel WK, Wilson AG, Franck CT, Mueller ET, Jarmolowicz DP, Koffarnus MN, Fede SJ. Using crowdsourcing to compare temporal, social temporal, and probability discounting among obese and non-obese individuals. Appetite, 75 (2014) 82-89.
- Boone JH, Archbald-Pannone LR, Wickham KN, Carman RJ, Guerrant RL, Franck CT, Lyerly DM. Ribotype 027 Clostridium difficile infections with measurable stool Toxin have increased lactoferrin and are associated with a higher mortality. Accepted, European Journal of Clinical Microbiology & Infectious Diseases. doi: 10.1007/s10096-013-2043-1.
- Highnam G, Franck CT, Martin A, Calvin S, Puthige A, Mittelman D. Accurate human microsatellite genotypes from high-throughput resequencing data using informed error profiles. Nucleic Acids Research, 2013 Jan; 41(1): e32.
- Ball DA, Adames NR, Reischmann N, Barik D, Franck CT, Tyson JJ, Peccoud J. Measurement and modeling of transcriptional noise in the cell cycle regulatory network. Cell Cycle, 2013 Oct 1;12(19):3203-18. doi: 10.4161/cc.26257.
- Gupta PK, Franck CT, Miller WJ, Gupta H, Forse RA. Development and validation of a bariatric surgery morbidity risk calculator using the prospective, multicenter NSQIP dataset. Journal of the American College of Surgeons, 2011 Mar; 212(3): 301-9.
- Zhou L, Franck CT, Yang K, Pilot G, Heath LS, Grene R. Mining for meaning: visualization approaches to deciphering arabidopsis stress responses in roots and shoots. OMICS, 2012 Apr;16(4): 208-28
- Levine M, Moore A, Kuehl D, Franck CT, Li J. Variation in Use of All Types of Computed Tomography by Emergency Physicians. The American Journal of Emergency Medicine, 2013 Oct;31(10):1437-42. doi: 10.1016/j.ajem.2013.07.003.
- Price JE, Zipper CE, Jones JW, Franck CT. Water and Sediment Quality in the Clinch River, Virginia and Tennessee USA, over Nearly Five Decades. Accepted, Journal of the American Water Resources Association.
- Serenari C, Leung Y, Attarian A, Franck CT. Understanding Environmentally Significant Behavior Among Whitewater Rafting and Trekking Guides in the Garhwal Himalaya, India. Journal of Sustainable Tourism, 2012 June; 20(5): 757-772.
- Nichols TC, Franck HWG, Franck CT, DeFriess N, Raymer RA, Merricks EP. Sensitivity of Whole Blood Clotting Time and Activated Partial Thromboplastin Time for Canine Factor IX: Relevance to Gene Therapy and Determination of Post-transfusion Elimination Time of Canine Factor IX in Canine Hemophilia B. Journal of Thrombosis and Haemostasis, 2012 Mar; 10: 474-476.
- Beeman SM, Kemper AR, Madigan ML, Franck CT, Loftus SC. Occupant Kinematics in Low-Speed Frontal Sled Tests. Accident Analysis & Prevention, 2012 July ; 47: 128-139.
- Bickel WK, Jarmolowicz DP, Mueller ET, Franck CT, Carrin C, Gatchalian KM. Altruism in Time: Social Temporal Discounting Differentiates Smokers from Problem Drinkers. Psychopharmacology, 2012 Nov;224(1) : 109-20.
- Jarmolowicz DP, Bickel WK, Carter AE, Franck CT, Mueller ET. Using Crowdsourcing to Examine Relations Between Delay and Probability Discounting. Behavioural Processes, 2012 Nov; 91(3) : 308-312.
Virginia Tech Department of Statstics
Laboratory for Interdisciplinary Statistical Analysis (LISA)
Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute