Network Resources for Operations Research (by Michael A. Trick)
Resource Pointer Collections
- NEOS Guide to Optimization including an overview of optimization, case studies, test problems, and much, much more.
- Vehicle Routing by Tim Duncan.
- The Semidefinite Programming Page
- Complementarity Problem Net Papers, Software, Applications.
- TSPBIB Listing of papers, source code and so on for the Traveling Salesman Problem.
- Timetabling Resources on the Internet
- Graph Coloring. An experiment on my part to create an "Online Bibliography", based on internet-accessible resources. See also the archive for Graph Coloring Problems by Jensen and Toft. Joe Culberson also has a very nice collection of pointers and information on The Graph Coloring Page.
- Yahoo! Computer Science Algorithms
- Matrix-Analytic Cyberhome including the Matrix-Analytic Bulletin and Stochastic Models News.
- Myron Hlynka's Queueing Page, with pointers, email addresses and more.
- Stochastic Programming Page including pointers to problem instances, papers, and computational results.
- Combinatorial Game Theory
- Combinatorial Designs
- Computational Geometry Pages
- Mathematical Progamming in Machine Learning
- Parameterized Complexity Home page with definition, papers, and open problems.
- Decision Support Systems and Technologies by Hemant Bhargava.
- Batch Queuing Systems A description of, and pointers to, available software packages for batch queuing.
- Scheduling Complexity Extensive collection of complexity results in scheduling.
- Scheduling Benchmarks and Related Resources Collected by Mark Drummond.
- Al Roth's Game Theory and Experimental Economics Page
- Drama Theory "Soft Game Theory", a theory of interaction.
- Reliability Analysis Center Reliability.
- Decision and Risk Analysis, kept by Lumina Decision Systems, Inc, a computer software and services company for decision support software.
- Decision Tree for Optimization Software By Mittelmann and Spellucci.
- Interior Point Archive Papers, mailing list and so on.
- An Interior Point Bibliography by Dr. Eberhard Kranich, University of Wuppertal. Very thorough.
- Global Optimization, by Simon Streltsov, including people, codes, books and much more.
- Global (and Local) Optimization collected by Arnold Neumaier.
- Simulated Annealing Information by Skip Carter.
- SNET Electronic conference for simulation, including a paper library, journal abstracts and more.
- Heuristics for Discrete Optimization University of Trento.
- Pet Wu's Fuzzy Resources
- Reactive Memory Search, based n Tabu search, University of Trento.
Algorithms Home Page Population based heuristic search.
- Biological Computing by Lipton. Optimization in a test tube.
- Encore Extensive collection of pointers on Evolutionary Computation.
- Ali Emrouznejad's DEA(Data Envelopment Analysis) Home page
- Data Envelopment Analysis Very nice introduction and pointers by Tim Anderson (email@example.com).
- An Introduction to Neural Nets by Krose and van der Smagt. A nice introduction to the subject (get neuro-intro.ps.gz).
- FAQ on Genetic Algorithms
- GA Archives Genetic Algoirthms Archive, with calendar and links.
- Adaptive Simulated Annealing A collection of papers and codes by Lester Ingber (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Home of Petri Nets at DAIMI.
Software Packages and Descriptions
- NEOS Guide to Optimization Software An extensive list by Jorge J.
Moré and Stephen J. Wright, based on their book, Optimization Software Guide.
- List of Optimization Software in the Public Domain collected by Jiefeng Xu (University of Colorado at Boulder).
Stony Brook Algorithm Repository by J. Richard Bradley and Steven S. Skiena. Guide to algorithms available online.
- GAMS : Guide to Available Mathematical Software (Not the GAMS modeling language).
- Netlib server. Full of useful optimization code and data. Now with a WWW interface.
- CPLEX Linear programming, integer programming, barrier method software.
- Optimization Subroutine Library (OSL) from IBM. Including an online reference guide and the ability to benchmark your problem on their m
- LINDO Systems including What's Best (speadsheet optimization modeler), LINGO (algebraic modeling language), and LINDO (linear, integer, and quadratic optimization).
- XPRES-MP from Dash Associates. Model building tools and optimizers.
General User-friendly Linear and linear-Fractional programming package.
- AIMMS advanced interactive algebraic modeling system with GUI builder.
- GAMS General Algebraic Modeling System, algebraic language for large scale modeling.
- PLAM Algebraic Modeling language in Prolog. By Peter Barth.
- PAMIPS Parallel Branch and Cut Demo.
- Tools for Logistics Problem Solving Software for routing, supply chain management, location, and other logistics problems.
- TreeAge Software Tree analysis software.
- Generator An Excel add-in for solving optimization problems with a special genetic algorithm.
- Matthew's GAlib A C++ Genetic Algorithm Library.
- Network Codes by Dimitri Bertsekas, including RELAX and AUCTION.
- PPRN Network Optimization codes.
- Arie Koster has created DualNet, a Windows application fo solving the minimum cost flow problem.
- daVinci Software for graph layout.
- Tom Sawyer Software Software for graph and network layout.
- Parallel Algorithm Animation. Requires X11 interface (sorry PC and Mac people!). Opens a window to graphically illustrate how graph separation, connectivity, and other algorithms work.
- PORTA Algorithms for analyzing polytopes and polyhedra.
- RELAX Network optimization codes by Bertsekas.
- XGP Geometric Programming Optimizer.
- Evolutionary Computation for the Job-shop Scheduling Problem a graphical tool by Carlos Soares.
- Traveling Salesman Algorithms from Lionnel Magis.
- GraphBase Standard tools for combinatorial algorithms from Donald Knuth (also a wonderful example of Literate Programming).
- LEDA A Platform for Combinatorial and Geometric computing. Now with WWW page.
- METIS System for Unstructured Graph Partitioning and Sparse Matrix Ordering.
- POSIT a satisfiability code from Jon Freeman.
- Constrained and Unconstrained Testing Environment (CUTE) A set of FORTRAN routines for nonlinear optimization, with test problems.
- Peter Spellucci's Codes for nonlinear programming.
- BARON General purpose global optimizer.
- Schedule/Cost Risk Analysis Module (SCRAM) Stochastic risk analysis program.
- O-Matrix Data Analysis and Visualization.
- SIMNET II Simulation language.
- Statlib Collection of software datasets and information for statistics.
- Statistics Software from Robert Knodt.
- LIPSOL A Matlab toolkit for solving linear programs by the interior point method. By Yin Zhang (email@example.com).
- Numerical Algorithms Group (NAG) Numerical algorithms software.
- Numerical Recipes Home Page, for that standard source of algorithm description and code. Now includes the complete text of Numerical Recipes in C<
- CAPS Logistics Commercial Logistics software (including some fine optimization code).
- AMPL Commercial Package for formulating, solving, and analyzing math programming problems.
- MProbe Software tool of analyzing nonlinear functions to discern their shapes and properties.
- Feasible Sequential Quadratic Programming software package for nonlinear optimization problems.
- Maximal Software, Inc Producers of MPL Modeling system.
- OPBDP An implicit enumeration algorithm for solving integer programs.
- MINTO (a Mixed Integer Optimizer).
- Numerical Computation in C A collection of programs and other resources, including c++ routines for simulated annealing and more.
- K-Talk Communications Makers of MathEdit, for editing mathematical formulae.
Papers and Other Resources
- LP/MIP Performance of the Power Challenge from Silicon Graphics.
- First Internaional Contest on Evolutionary Optimization Solve either nonlinear optimization problems or traveling salesman instances.
- Intelligent Pipeline Optimization Project Project out of Texas for scheduling gas pipelines.
- Molecular Computing by D. Beaver, Penn State.
- Software Visualization at Georgia Tech, including algorithm animation.
- Ant Colony Computing Fascinating papers by Marco Dorigo.
- Cellular Automata and Genetic Algorithms A collection of papers from the Sante Fe Institute.
- Molecular Computation of Solutions to Combinatorial Problems by L.M. Adleman.
- Optimal Routing in Railroad Systems Collection of papers and reports.
- Papers on Constraint Programming from the 1994 ILPS Post-Conference Workshop on Constraint Languages/Systems and their Use in Problem Modelling.
- Intelligent Coordination and Logistics Laboratory Carnegie Mellon University. A variety of scheduling and logistics/planning projects.
- Consortium for the Development of an Intelligent Mathematical Progamming System.
- Illinois Genetic Algorithms Laboratory Including pointers to many other GA sites.
- SimTools A short description of some of the simulation tools available, prepared by Patrick Reilly of IsoQuantic Technologies.
- Templates for the Solution of Linear Systems An online book on methods for solving linear systems.
- Compendium of NP Optimization Problems by Crescenzi and Kann (approximability results).
- P-Completeness Theory (Book announcement, with some text) by Greenlaw, Hoover, and Ruzzo.
- Linear and Nonlinear Programming Book announcement of book by Nash and Sofer.
- Handbook of Combinatorics edited by Ronald Graham, Martin Grötschel, and László Lovász (Book Announcement).
- Digital Computers System Research Center Tech reports. Including some work on visualization.
- Mathematical Optimization A survey of mathematical optimization techniques from the Computational Science Education Project. The entire ebook begi
ns with the Table of Contents.
- MENTOR (Multimedia Educational New Technology for OR) Multimedia computer software modules to teach operations research.
- INFORMS Applied Probability Newsletter
- OR/MS Tommorrow Student Newsletter (Announcement)
- Generalized Suffix Trees for Biological Sequence Data by Bieganski, Riedl, Carlis, and Retzel. A nice paper on a hot topic.
- Bibliography of Graph Drawing An amazing paper by Di Battista, Eades, Tamassia, and Tollis that tells you everything you would like to know about drawing trees, graphs, and so o
- DOT and DOTTY Information about ATT's graph layout algorithms.
- Graph Drawing 1994 Information about the DIMACS conference.
- Graph Drawing 96 Contest A challenge to best draw four graphs.
- daVinci Software for visualizations of directed graphs.
- Xerox Palo Alto Research Center Dynamics of Computation, including a very nice description about solving hard combinatorial search algorithms.
CHANCE Database Welcome Page A system for teaching (and learning!)
and probability and its applications
- TAMCAM Texas AandM Computer Aided Manufacturing Laboratory.
- Distributed Algorithms and Systems Home
- SCOOP Solving Combinatorial Optimization Problems in Parallel Project Page.
- Distributed and Parallel Algorithms Calls for papers and conferences.
- Northeast Parallel Architectures at Syracuse University (including work on parallel simulation).
- Data Warehousing Information Center How to handle and analyze data.
- Variance Reduction Techniques applied to Large Scale Simulation Models Summary of Steven Gould's MSc thesis.
- Puzzles and Paradoxes. A good place for finding neat integer programming instances.
- Studying how experts formulate models. A set of transcripts by Thomas Willemain, RPI.
- Jobs in Consulting A description of what it takes to be a consultant and other facts about consulting.
- AI, Cognitive Science, and Robotics WWW Resource Page.
- SIAM DM-Net Of interest to Discrete Mathematicians.
- Preprints in Operations Research by the American Mathematical Society.
Journal, Publisher, and Bookstore Information
The Second DIMACS Challenge
on Cliques, Colorings, and Satisfiability. A collection of
instances, bibliographies, papers, and other information on
these problems that culminated in a conference at DIMACS, and
will be a volume to be published by the American Mathematical